Labour Party T.D. for Dublin North-West

Promoting the Labour Party values of Freedom, Community, Equality and Democracy

Thursday, December 15, 2011

Traffic Speed Survey on St Margaret's Road




I have been working with Fingal County Council in recent weeks and months about problems of speeding on St Margaret's Road (R104) which borders the estates of Hampton Wood, Lanesborough, Cityside, Mayeston and Creston. 

Residents from these areas have contacted me about the speed of traffic on the R104 (St Margaret's Road) on several occasions. 

A particular concern, and under Fingal Co Co's remit, is the stretch from Charlestown Shopping Centre to IKEA. I know there have been several crashes on this stretch of road, and this is a particular concern for residents coming on and off the road from estates and pedestrians crossing the road for bus services.

At the end of November I was informed that the Council would carry out a speed survey on the St Margaret's Road and I am glad that this will now be carried out by the Traffic Unit over several days between now and then end of the year.

Once this survey has been completed I will be keeping in contact with Fingal County Council to submit recommendations to improve the safety of the road for all local residents.

If you have any concerns about traffic measures or speeding in your area please give me a call on 01 618 3280 or send me an email to john.lyons@oir.ie





1 comment:

  1. As a resident of Hampton Wood,it's about time this was done,a good idea would be to maybe install pedestrian traffic lights,lots of people cross this road regularly every day as they disembark buses so this is really needed I feel.

    ReplyDelete