Labour Party T.D. for Dublin North-West

Promoting the Labour Party values of Freedom, Community, Equality and Democracy

Thursday, September 15, 2011

Lyons Launches First Ever TD App




Today I launched a new iPhone and Android App, the first ever TD app, outside Leinster House. I think it’s a really innovative application, allowing constituents to get local news updates directly to their smartphone, and it gives people the opportunity to become more involved and engaged with the political process.

It's a real breakthrough in new political communication, especially as it has been predicted that mobile internet usage on smartphones will overtake desktops by 2013.

 It includes some of the details below:
  • Bio with contact details & clinic dates, times & locations
  • Video feed from youtube, Twitter feed and Flicker photo gallery
  • A real-time news feed updated from my blog and press releases
  • A 'Call Me Back' feature that sends the constituents' details directly to my office 
I am delighted that my constituents in Dublin North West can now have more of a direct link with me, and I hope that many more public representatives will follow this lead communicating with constituents.
Download the John Lyons TD app TODAY for free from the iTunes App Store and Google Android Market.


Links to download:
iPhone App Store: http://itunes.apple.com/ie/app/john-lyons-t.d./id458379011?mt=8&ign-mpt=uo%3D4
Android Market: https://market.android.com/details?id=com.appmakr.app273760&feature=search_result

No comments:

Post a Comment