Labour Party T.D. for Dublin North-West

Promoting the Labour Party values of Freedom, Community, Equality and Democracy

Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Local Meeting on Online Bullying - next Monday 10th March @ 7.30pm

I am hosting public meeting hosting on cyberbullying at 7.30pm on Monday, 10th March in St Kevin’s Secondary School, Ballygall Road East, Dublin 11.

I know the issue of online bullying is a growing concern for parents, teachers and of course our young people. It may be an issue you have already engaged with in some way in your own work.

The panel for the discussion will be:

Minister for Communications Pat Rabbitte TD; 

Brian O’Neill, Chair of the Internet Content Governance Advisory Group; 

Nigel O’Callaghan, Youth Engagement Officer with ReachOut.com.

The meeting is being held as part of a local online safety campaign and survey I carried out in several schools in the constituency. 

The Internet Content Governance Advisory Group, set up by Minister Rabbitte is also accepting submissions from the public until 18th March and I will make a submission arising from the discussion at the meeting. 

I very much welcome your input in this regard, even if you are unable to attend on Monday 10th.

I look forward to talking to you on Monday 10th March and using the discussions at the meeting to inform my submission on the subject. 

No comments:

Post a Comment